When we think “payment”, we quickly associate this word with “online”. In most cases, payment is supported by a website/online store. When making software in WinDev, matching the payment made on via your website and a license key increases the administrative work. In this process, the customer also experiences a delay between his payment and the activation of his software.
Apart from an old component based on an old API of PayPal (and therefore no longer functional), no other development has allowed the recent use of this payment platform directly from a WinDev application.
Here is a solution to easily integrate the purchase “in-App” in a WinDev application (without using APIs) inspired by PayPal documentation.
This opens up huge opportunities as customers can :
- Download the software and pay for it (and therefore activate it) during installation or first run;
- Unblock software that is bridged in demo;
- Activate additional options on the fly;
- Pay a bank of hours for access to technical support;
- Make micro-payments when using a function in the software/adding a file, …
This requires :
How much does it cost ?
- PayPal transaction fees are documented here, ie 3.4% of the amount of the transaction + € 0.25 (decreasing according to the transaction volume)
- You can have a free website with 10MB of disk space at OVH included with the price of your domain name, itself between 3 and 20 € per year (depending on whether it’s a .com, a .net, a .fr or other). No need to install anything other than the 2 HTML files.
- An SSL security certificate to install in your administration console of your domain name. Free at some providers (thanks to Let’s Encrypt) when buying web hosting (between 1.5 € and 20 €/month). Otherwise you’ll pay between 50 € and 100 €/year.